Friday, June 03, 2005

For the motivated learners.

Okay, if I caught your interest you need to start the process of real work. Let's begin.

The following files will be a very mild introduction into stochastic modeling. The textbook and supplement are typeset in LATEX and then output to pdf. As always, if you have problems with any of these files, you can email me a short description of your troubles and I will try to help. Code is in ASCII format which will allow you to cut-and-paste, but you may need to 'tweak' the code in order for it to compile on your system.

Although this looks like a Princeton University Press book, it's just that they were considering it for publication and I spent more than a year trimming it down, but alas, they declined to publish because the peer reviews varied too much for their editorial board. In any case, I used their book class.

I'm hopeful that others will be interested in creating a dynamic blog community that will be useful to the readers of "Deterministic Uncertainties." I welcome your thoughtful comments, especially if they relate to making the material more understandable.

If interest is there, I will expand the create a new blog. Just email me and we'll start!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron Bannon said...

This blog can continue to live, but I need to know if anyone is interested. I will certainly create a chapter-by-chapter post structure to facilitate the teaching and learning process for anyone that asks.

Monday, June 06, 2005 8:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home